Jack Creek Wildfire 2022 News Release 2
News Release No. 2 Central Okanagan Electoral Area West, B.C. –
BC Wildfire crews continue to work on the estimated 7.3-hectare Jack Creek wildfire near Mt. Miller and the Trepanier area of the Central Okanagan West Electoral Area.
The Central Okanagan Emergency Operation Centre advises as this is still an active fire, the Evacuation Alert remains in effect for 17 properties along Maxwell Road (4305-4495) north of the Okanagan Connector Highway 97-C/Trepanier Road access.
Residents may refer to the interactive map at CORDemergency.ca/map to determine if they are affected.
BC Wildfire Service provides updates on the status of the fire and the Central Okanagan Emergency Operation Centre will advise residents when there is any change in the Alert status.
Residents in the Alert area should be prepared to leave their home at a moment’s notice if fire conditions change. Should they be required to be away from their home for an extended period of time, they should make arrangements for pets and pack essential items such as medicines and important documents.
Emergency Operations Centre staff are working with other response agencies to manage the situation and minimize the impacts, however residents of the area should be prepared to obey an evacuation order if required.
Emergency response personnel request that the public:
- Avoid the Maxwell Road Alert area so emergency responders can effectively perform their duties
- Please only call 9-1-1 in case of emergency
- For up-to-date information on the situation, including a map, and to sign up for e-updates, visit cordemergency.ca.
- Information will also be provided via twitter.com/CO_Emerg and facebook.com/CORDEmergency
- For more information about this fire, please visit the BC Wildfire Service website – bcwildfire.ca.