Effective September 5, 2023 at 10:00 a.m., all Evacuation Alerts for Lake Country properties have been rescinded. Read the news release for more information.
If residents returning home notice hot spots within their areas, they can call the non-emergency fire line at 250-469-8577. To report a new wildfire or structure fire, call 9-1-1.
Make a safe return home after an emergency
As residents are permitted to return home, they must take steps to ensure their homes and properties are safe and be aware of the various hazards that the emergency may have caused.
The Emergency Operations Centre has a comprehensive guide for safely returning home with information about property and food safety, including fridges and freezers, danger trees, pets, power, water, insurance, mental health support and more. Find the guide and other resources online at:
Other online resources for residents returning to their homes include:
- Emergency Management and Climate Readiness BC
- Returning Home After a Fire
- Interior Health’s emergency information
- Past News Conferences:
- August 26, 2023 – Operational update: https://www.youtube.com/live/BOwDaulYtD4?si=E5tl47kf3DRz_LV1
- August 24, 2023 – Operational update: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 24 - YouTubeopen_in_new
- August 23, 2023 - Operational update: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 23 - YouTube
- August 21, 2023 - Operational update: https://www.youtube.com/live/QdEpDtNQqDc?feature=shareopen_in_new
- August 20, 2023 - Operational update: https://www.youtube.com/live/0kaDIACQLTM?feature=shareopen_in_new
- August 19, 2023 - Elected official update: Elected Officials: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 19 - YouTubeopen_in_newopen_in_new
- August 19, 2023 - Operational update: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 19 - YouTubeopen_in_newopen_in_new
- August 18, 2023 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AauBnKGWsssopen_in_newopen_in_new