Effective September 5, 2023 at 10:00 a.m., all Evacuation Alerts for City of Kelowna properties have been rescinded. Read the news release for more information.
For information related to parks and natural areas within the wildfire-affected area, including Stephens Coyote Ridge Regional Park and the North Glenmore Dog Park, residents can visit www.rdco.com. For municipal and local government information such as landfill and transfer station hours, water restrictions, boat launch, City park and road closures, visit www.kelowna.ca.
If residents returning home notice hot spots within their areas, they can call the Kelowna Fire Department non-emergency line at 250-469-8577. To report a new wildfire or structure fire, call 9-1-1.
Make a safe return home after an emergency
As residents are permitted to return home, they must take steps to ensure their homes and properties are safe and be aware of the various hazards that the emergency may have caused.
The Emergency Operations Centre has a comprehensive guide for safely returning home with information about property and food safety, including fridges and freezers, danger trees, pets, power, water, insurance, mental health support and more. Find the guide and other resources online at:
Other online resources for residents returning to their homes include:
- Emergency Management and Climate Readiness BC
- Returning Home After a Fire
- Interior Health’s emergency information
Clifton/McKinley Wildfire archive
- Past news releases
- Past news conferences:
- August 26, 2023 – Operational update: https://www.youtube.com/live/BOwDaulYtD4?si=E5tl47kf3DRz_LV1
- August 24, 2023 – Operational update: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 24 - YouTube
- August 23, 2023 - Operational update: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 23 - YouTube
- August 21, 2023 - Operational update: https://www.youtube.com/live/QdEpDtNQqDc?
- August 20, 2023 - Operational update: https://www.youtube.com/live/0kaDIACQLTM?
- August 19, 2023 - Elected official update: Elected Officials: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 19 - YouTube
- August 19, 2023 - Operational update: Central Okanagan Regional Emergency News Conference - August 19 - YouTube
- August 18, 2023 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AauBnKGWsss