White Rock Lake Wildfire Evacuation Alert becomes Order with additional Evacuation Order issued
News Release No. 2, Central Okanagan, B.C. — The Evacuation Alert issued on Friday, July 30 for properties in the Regional District of the Central Okanagan (RDCO) in response to the White Rock Lake Wildfire has been raised to an Evacuation Order. In addition, a State of Local Emergency has been issued for the RDCO along North Westside Road resulting in an Evacuation Order for all properties in Westshore Estates.
Properties on Evacuation Order include:
- 11100 Antler Road
- 801 Beau Park Road
- 11000 Bouleau Lake Road
- Select properties on Bouleau Lake Road (no civic address, please see map)
- 980 Gates Road
- 10780 Whiteman Creek Road
- 11140 Whiteman Creek Road
- Select properties on Whiteman Creek Road (no civic address, please see map).
- All properties in Westshore Estates
A detailed map is available showing affected properties at cordemergency.ca.
All residents in the properties on evacuation order should leave their properties immediately, be prepared to be away from their homes for an extended period of time, and report to Emergency Social Services (ESS). Evacuees can pre-register with ESS online at ess.gov.bc.ca. Evacuees will still need to visit the ESS Reception Centre in order to receive the appropriate supplier forms as specific paperwork is required in order to access these services.
An Emergency Support Services (ESS) reception centre for evacuated residents is located at 1480 Sutherland Ave in Kelowna. ESS volunteers are available, as needed, to help affected Central Okanagan residents. Residents that are evacuated from their homes must report to the reception centre to receive any assistance and lodging.
Emergency response personnel request that the public:
- Avoid the area so emergency responders can effectively perform their duties
- Please only call 9-1-1 in case of emergency.
- Call *5555 on a cell phone to report a wildfire.
- Monitor cordemergency.ca, facebook.com/cordemergency or twitter.com/CO_emerg for official situation updates and preparedness information
For more information about this wildfire, visit cordemergency.ca, sign up for e-updates, or call the information line at 250-469-8490.