Mt. Eneas Wildfire Evacuation Order - News Release No.1
Central Okanagan, B.C. —The Central Okanagan Emergency Operations Centre has been activated to support BC Wildfire Service crews fighting the Mt. Eneas fire south of Peachland.
An evacuation order has been issued for properties in the Brent Road area, north of the fire. Residents on evacuation order should leave their properties immediately.
Properties affected by the evacuation order include:
- 7100 - 7210 Brent Road
- 7212 – 7280 Highway 97 South
A detailed map is available showing affected properties at cordemergency.ca.
For more information on properties on evacuation order and alert within the boundaries of the Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen, visit rdos.bc.ca. This includes Okanagan Lake Provincial Park and the Greata Ranch area.
An Emergency Support Services reception centre is being set up at the Lakeview Heights Baptist Church, 2630 Alhambra Drive in West Kelowna. ESS volunteers will be available starting at 11 pm tonight to help affected residents. Residents that are out of their homes must report to the reception centre to receive any assistance and lodging.
New information will be released as soon as it becomes available.
- Emergency response personnel request that the public:
- Avoid the area so emergency responders can effectively perform their duties
- Please only CALL 9-1-1 in case of emergency
- Monitor cordemergency.ca, facebook.com/cordemergency or twitter.com/CO_emerg for confirmed information about the situation
For more information, visit cordemergency.ca, sign up for e-updates or call the information line at 250-469-8490.