Good Creek Wildfire Evacuation Alert - News Release No. 1
Central Okanagan, B.C. —The Emergency Operations Centre has been activated to support BC Wildfire Service crews fighting the Good Creek fire within Okanagan Mountain Provincial Park.
An evacuation alert has been issued for properties at the south end of Lakeshore Road, located within the Regional District of Central Okanagan, East Electoral Area. This is just south of the City of Kelowna boundary.
Properties affected by the evacuation alert include:
- 6006 – 8888 Lakeshore Road
A detailed map is available showing affected properties at cordemergency.ca.
All properties on evacuation alert should be prepared to leave on short notice should conditions change. Residents in the affected area should be prepared to be away from their homes for an extended period of time, make arrangements for pets and pack essential items such as medicines and important documents. Visit the be prepared page for more information.
The fire is currently estimated at 200 hectares. No structures in the area are immediately threatened. New information will be released as soon as it becomes available.
- Emergency response personnel request that the public:
- Avoid the area so emergency responders can effectively perform their duties
- Monitor cordemergency.ca for confirmed information about the situation
- Please only CALL 9-1-1 in case of emergency
- Monitor cordemergency.ca, facebook.com/cordemergency or twitter.com/CO_emerg for confirmed information about the situation
Keep informed by signing up for e-updates at www.cordemergency.ca, or call the information line at 250-469-8490.